Working at Heights Training Online (VOC Refresher: RIIWHS204D)
Welcome to the Work Safely at Heights Refresher / Verification of Competency (VOC) Training. There are a large number of risks and dangers for anybody working at heights. This course has been designed to give you an understanding of these risks and the system in place to help keep you safe.
This course is designed for those who are required to work at heights as part of their role. The aim of the course is to give you a safe working philosophy for when you need to perform work at heights.
Features of this refresher training include:
- Download a VOC Certificate of Completion on successful completion
- A Digital Wallet ID VOC Card is also issued once all your documentation is verified (see 'John Citizen' sample)
- Verification of competency by our RTO partner, AlertForce RTO Code 91826.
This training addresses the theoretical component of working at heights. This training does not give you the practical skills required to perform work at heights. To achieve accreditation, you should complete an in-person training session with a trainer accredited to deliver work at heights training.
If you perform work at heights before completing your in-person training you could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you.
This course delivers the theoretical component of RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights and will provide you with information about:
- the legal requirements for working safely at heights and where you can find out more about them
- how to select, use and maintain fall protective and rescue equipment
- the process and procedures to follow to ensure you minimise risk, and
- how to plan for emergency situations
THIS IS NOT A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COURSE - ONLY TO BE USED FOR REFRESHER PURPOSES IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ACHIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT in RIIWHS204D.
Note: Whilst a Statement of Attainments do not expire, different worksites have different policies and requirements of what refresher training should be. You should check if you are unsure. This refresher course is a Verification of Competency undertaken by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 91826).
What is covered during the course?
- the principles to bear in mind when working at heights
- safety procedures for work at heights
- risk assessment procedures
- fall protection equipment
- working at heights equipment, and
- emergency response
The equipment and tools we'll be discussing will include:
- anchor points
- lanyards and connecting equipment
- fall arrest devices
- fall protection
- elevating work platforms (EWPs)
- edge protections systems, and
- general equipment maintenance.
Activities and quizzes appear throughout the course and are part of your assessment. They must be successfully completed to complete the course.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
1. You must upload 100 points of ID
2. You must upload a previously issued with a Statement of Attainment (or wallet card) by an RTO less than 3 years ago or be able to present a CV that demonstrates industry currency.
NOTE: this training is suitable as refresher if you have previously obtained a Unit of Competency in any of these qualifications:
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
- RIIOHS204A Work Safely at Heights
You need to previously have held the RIIWHS204D Statement of Attainment. That statement along with this Refresher Training serves as your refresher evidence.
To complicated to get started.
To complicated to get started. Payed for course but you have pop up advertising on you website.
working @ height
everything is good
Good, nice and easy to understand and complete
Waste of time and money
Do not bother doing any refreshers with this company. They are not statement of attainments and they are not nationally accredited. Most sites will not accept these VOC refreshers
Working at height
Very friendly and helpful staff