Preventing and Managing Occupational Violence in the Healthcare Setting (Awareness Training) - 60 min
Welcome to the Preventing and Managing Occupational Violence in the Health Care Setting course. This course has been designed to improve your ability to recognise and understand the causes of client related occupational violence in health care settings and some common strategies to prevent it and manage the risk it poses.
After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- common forms of occupational violence and aggression
- the causes of aggressive and violent behaviours
- how to recognise the signs that an individual may be becoming predisposed to aggression and or violence
- how to respond to individuals who use aggression or violence, and
- how to plan preventative measures and manage the risk posed by occupational violence and aggression.
This course has been independently reviewed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association.
The information contained in this material should not be considered legal or other professional advice. If you need specific advice about your particular situation, you should always consult a person with experience and expertise in the area related to your concern.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
have been waiting for almost 2 month now