Manual Handling Training for Healthcare Workers
Welcome to Manual Handling Training for Healthcare Workers course. This course has been developed to provide workers with an understanding of the risks associated with manual training and an awareness of how to perform those tasks safely.
After completing this course, you will have an understanding of:
- Describe what is Manual Handling.
- Understand the requirements of the Manual Handling Regulations and Compliance Code.
- Understand the effects of Manual Handling injuries and the value of, and the need for, correct Manual Handling practices.
- Understand the basic anatomy and function of the spine.
- Understand how to conduct a Manual Handling Risk Assessment.
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
It has been designed to comply with best practice national health and safety standards. Terminology has been chosen for clarity and ease of comprehension across jurisdictions. For example, ‘employer’ has been used to signify the broader term ‘PCBU’, while ‘WHS’ represents both work and occupational health and safety.
This training is not a substitute for professional legal advice. If you require further advice or information, please contact the health and safety regulator in your jurisdiction.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
Run time 45 minutes + assessments.
It was great
Easy to follow and understand
I can’t find my log in details
Challenging but thourogh
That it is all online
easy online learning.