Incident Investigation Training Course Online
Welcome to the Incident Investigation course. This course has been designed to provide an overview of the legislative requirements for incident reporting and investigation and the knowledge and practical advice to conduct an investigation successfully.
At the completion of this course you will understand:
- the definitions of an incident, dangerous incident and serious illness or injury from a workplace health and safety perspective
- how to identify hazards and the impact they have had on the incident under investigation
- who to notify and what to report when an incident occurs
- why it’s important to investigate incidents
- how to conduct an incident investigation
- how to identify factors that contributed to an incident, and
- how to recommend appropriate corrective actions.
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
It has been designed to comply with best practice national health and safety standards. Terminology has been chosen for clarity and ease of comprehension across jurisdictions. For example, 'employer' has been used to signify the broader term 'PCBU', while 'WHS' represents both work and occupational health and safety.
This training is not a substitute for professional legal advice. If you need specific advice about your particular situation, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
Run time 60 minutes.
A great introduction to incident investigation. Well worth doing for general awareness.
the course was thorough and had some really good information.
Great course, very interesting and useful