Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care Training Online
This course has been developed to give home care workers an understanding of the need for a falls prevention program, as well as how to effectively establish and maintain a program.
This course is suitable for staff working in Australian aged home care.
This training is targeted at nominated falls prevention ‘program leads’ – staff with key responsibilities for managing and implementing control programs for a wider team. This may include:
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
- facility managers
- community care managers
- quality and risk coordinators, and
OHS.com.au is committed to improving the lives of people living in aged care. We have committed to a focus of providing high quality training to one of Australia’s busiest and fastest growing sectors. We know that the aged care sector is heavy on compliance training and staff require ongoing training to stay up-to-date on best practice. We aim to provide your learners with training that is current, engaging and won’t bore them out of their chairs. We’re working with subject matter experts who are as passionate about providing as high a quality level of care to consumers as we are to providing high quality training.
This course is useful as standalone training, or paired with our existing aged care courses to provide a holistic approach to aged care.
These courses focus on ensuring that the learner:
- is able to identify the steps and actions involved in implementing a falls prevention program
- understands the role of a multidisciplinary team in running a falls prevention program
- knows where to access falls prevention resources
- understands how to apply PDSA (Plan, Do, Study, Act) cycles in falls prevention programs, and
- can evaluated falls prevention programs by measuring processes and outcomes.
These courses feature:
- Rich and engaging animated content
- Self-reflection activities focused on generating printable takeaway documentation that can act as the basis of a falls prevention program in the learner’s workplace
- Key case studies detailing examples of other organisational best practice
- Assessments targeting specific learning outcomes, and
- Numerous supplementary resources for continued program development.
This course has been developed to ensure key staff in care organisations are ready to implement falls prevention programs, and meet the requirements of Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care, and Standard 8: Organisational governance.
You are required to get 80% in each module and the final quiz to pass. Once you have achieved this you are able to download your certificate.
Courses do not always work on iPads, phones and other devices. If you have difficulties, please do the course on a desktop computer.
Falls Prevention in Home Care
Falls Prevention in Residential Aged Care
Falls Prevention Programs in Home Care
Falls Prevention Programs in Residential Aged Care
If you would like detailed training in any of the standards then we recommend that you subscribe to get all courses or you can purchase individually or by asking us for a quote. They are $66 each or $177 for the entire library.
For full information on all the Falls Prevention courses available view here.