CPCCDE5001 Conduct Air Monitoring and Clearance Inspections for Asbestos Removal
Welcome to the Licence to operate a portal boom crane (CP) Refresher / Verification of Competency (VOC) Training & Assessment. There are a large number of risks and dangers for anybody operating a portal boom crane (class CP). This VOC assessment course has been designed to give you an understanding of these risks and the system in place to help keep you safe. It also serves as an assessment for PCBU’s or business operators to ensure they are compliant with the WHS Act (or equivalent) in that operators of plant are competent.
This VOC is designed for those who are required to operate a portal boom crane as part of their role. The aim of this VOC assessment is to ensure that you are competent when you are currently licenced to operate a Portal Boom Crane (licence class CP)
Features of this refresher training include:
- Download a VOC Certificate on successful completion
- A Digital Wallet ID VOC Card is also issued once all your documentation is verified and you’ve been deemed competent by the assessor (see 'John Citizen' sample)
- Verification of competency by our RTO partner, AlertForce RTO Code 91826 and a Licenced High Risk Work Assessor.
This training and assessment program addresses three components of the Licence to operate a portal boom crane (CP) class licence (all based upon the unit of competency standard set out in TLILIC0009 or superseded equivalent). The 3 verifications of competency include:
A. Knowledge or theoretical component (tested online with a mixture of critical and non-critical questions)
B. Calculations component (tested online with all required to be answered correctly)
C. Performance component (practical with access to relevant workplace plant and equipment)
The VOC assessment is based upon the intent of the Mandated National Assessment Instruments (NAI’s). However, it is important to note that this training & assessment does not give you the practical skills required to operate or apply for a High Risk Work Licence (HRWL) nor is it Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment. This is to be used for VOC purposes only. To achieve initial accreditation or high risk licensing for the CP class, you must complete an in-person training session with an RTO and Trainer accredited to deliver TLILIC0009 training.
If you operate a portal boom crane, many employers will want to ensure you are competent as, if not, you could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you or damaging costly plant and equipment.
This refresher / VOC course assesses the knowledge, calculations and performance components of TLILIC0009 Licence to operate a portal boom crane (CP) and will provide you with information and assessment on:
- Plan work/task
- Prepare for work/task
- Perform work/task
- Pack up
THIS IS NOT A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COURSE - ONLY TO BE USED FOR REFRESHER / VOC PURPOSES IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ACHIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT in TLILIC0009 (or TLILIC3007) and/or hold a valid CP licence.
Note: Whilst a Statement of Attainments do not expire, different worksites have different policies and requirements of what refresher training should be. You should check with your employer if you are unsure. This VOC assessment course is a Verification of Competency undertaken by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 91826) and a High Risk Work Accredited Assessor with over 40 years experience.
What is a sample of the areas covered during the course assessment?
- Identify Work orders / lift plans according to workplace procedures
- Work area operating surface suitability for Portal Boom
- Establish Portal Boom rated capacity RC and Work Load Limit (WLL)
- Hazard identification / risk elimination / control measures / relevant workplace personnel to advise
- Traffic Management Procedures for Portal Boom Crane
- Best communication Procedures & Testing
- Confirm Relevant Workplace Procedures in according with Portal Boom
- Comply with relevant legislation
- Correct consultation with workplace procedures
- Risk Control Measures checked
- Safe accessibility of Portal Boom
- Operational checks completed including log books
- Weather and environmental checks
- Boom/jib and hook block is safely positioned
- Correct shut down
- Relevant motion locks and brakes are applied
- Portal Boom is secured to prevent unauthorised access
Activities and quizzes appear throughout the course and are part of your assessment as well as the requirement for video interview with assessor. They must be successfully completed to be verified as competent.
A VOC Certificate is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get a 90-100% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content (depending on the critical and non-critical nature of the questions). It is recommended that refresher training is conducted every 2 years to maintain currency. Please check with your workplace policy to abide by their rules.
- You must submit 100 points of ID to enrol eg. Drivers Licence and Medicare or Passport
- You must also include a valid High Risk Work Licence. In this case a licence for class CP
NOTE: this training is suitable as refresher only up to 12 months (All states but WA which is 24 months) after your licence has expired depending on which Australian State you reside in.
If your licence has expired, we recommend that if this is the case and you intend to remain working, you should renew your licence with your State Regulator before your time runs out.
To undertake this VOC you need to have the following:
- TLILIC0009 Licence to operate a portal boom crane OR
- TLILIC3007 Licence to operate a portal boom crane OR
- A valid CP licence
- Access to a smart phone or Ipad (or similar device) for video conferencing
- Access to compliant workplace plant and equipment for the licence class you are being VOC’d for.