Confined Space Training Online (VOC Refresher: RIIWHS202D)
Welcome to the Confined Spaces Verification of Competency (VOC) Training. This course will give you an understanding of the hazards associated with confined spaces, and the processes and equipment you should use to keep safe when entering and working in those spaces.
Features of this refresher training include:
- Download a VOC Certificate of Completion on successful completion
- A Digital Wallet ID VOC Card is also issued on successful completion (see John Citizen Sample)
- Verification of competency by our RTO partner, AlertForce RTO Code 91826.
1. You must upload 100 points of ID
2. You must upload a previously issued with a Statement of Attainment (or wallet card) by an RTO less than 3 years ago or be able to present a CV that demonstrates industry currency.
NOTE: this training is suitable as refresher if you have previously obtained a Unit of Competency in any of these qualifications:
- MSMPER200 Enter confined space
- MSAPMPER200C Work in accordance with an issued permit, and / or
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in a confined space
This training addresses the theoretical component of confined space entry. It does not give you the practical skills required to enter a confined safely and as such is only applicable for refresher training not initial entry training.
It is unlawful to instruct a person to enter a confined space if they have not completed in-person training with an accredited trainer. Obeying such an instruction could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you.
This course will provide you with information about:
- the legal requirement for confined space entry
- what confined spaces are and why people enter them
- entry permits
- hazards associated with confined space entry
- methods of controlling confined space hazards
- emergency response procedures, and
- the different types of personal protective equipment that can be used when working in confined spaces
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
It has been designed to comply with best practice national health and safety standards. Terminology has been chosen for clarity and ease of comprehension across jurisdictions. For example, ‘employer’ has been used to signify the broader term ‘PCBU’, while ‘WHS’ represents both work and occupational health and safety.
ALTHOUGH BASED ON THE ELEMENTS, THIS IS NOT A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COURSE. THIS VOC COURSE CAN ONLY TO BE USED FOR REFRESHER PURPOSES IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ACHIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT.
Note: Whilst a Statement of Attainments do not expire, different worksites have different policies and requirements of what refresher training should be and what is acceptable. Queensland sites, for example, typically want face to face only. You should check if you are unsure as there are no refunds available once you have downloaded certificates. This refresher course is a Verification of Competency undertaken by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 91826).
If you have not previously done this course, to be deemed competent, you must complete an in-person training session an accredited trainer with a registered training organisation.
What are confined spaces? Theoretical component of the competencies
Confined spaces are defined as enclosed or partially enclosed spaces not intended or designed primarily for human occupancy. These spaces have a risk of:
- Toxic atmospheres
- Flammable atmospheres
- Oxygen Deficiency
- Excessive heat etc
Activities and quizzes appear throughout the course and are part of your assessment. They must be successfully completed to complete the course.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
It was a easy to set up and a better way to do a refresher course
informative and comprehensive
Quick and easy no travel for training
Was handy needed it in a hurry for a new job. Thanks, got it done sitting at home.
Straight forward and easy to understand. Thanks, OHS this is my second Refresher course.