Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice Training
Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice covers
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of the scope and purpose of Standard 1: Consumer Dignity and Choice.
This course focuses on the following learning outcomes:
- Treating consumers with dignity and respect, with their identity, culture and diversity valued
- Care and services are culturally safe
- Each consumer is support to exercise choice and independence, especially in regard to making decisions about care and family involvement; communicating decisions; and being supported to create and maintain connections and relationships
- Consumers are supported to take risks
- Information provided to consumers is current, accurate and timely, and
- Each consumer’s privacy is respected and information kept confidential.
You are required to get 80% in each module and the final quiz to pass. Once you have achieved this you are able to download your certificate.
Courses do not always work on iPads, phones and other devices. If you have difficulties, please do the course on a desktop computer.
SEE THE OTHER COURSES IN THE FULL SERIES
Aged Care Quality Standards Introduction
Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice
Aged Care Quality Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care
Aged Care Quality Standard 4: Services and support for daily living
Aged Care Quality Standard 5: Organisation’s service environment
Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human resources
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational governance
If you would like detailed training in any of the standards then we recommend that you subscribe to get all courses or you can purchase individually or by asking us for a quote. They are $66 each or $177 for the entire library.
For full information on all the ACQS courses available view here.