Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational Governance Training
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational Governance course focusses on the organisation being responsible for setting strategic priorities and the delivery of quality care and services. Clinical governance is important where clinical care is provided, as there are a range of areas of concern that must be correctly addressed to keep consumers safe.
This course is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what is expected of the organisation’s service environment with the introduction of Standard 8: that consumers are confident the organisation is well run and are partners in improving the delivery of care and services.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Consumers are engaged in the development, delivery and evaluation of care and services
- The organisation’s governing body promotes a culture of safe, inclusive and quality care and services
- The organisation has effective governance systems related to: information management, continuous improvement, financial governance, workforce governance, regulatory compliance and feedback and complaints
- The organisation has effective risk management systems and practices, including: management of high impact or high prevalence risks associated with the care of consumers, identifying and responding to abuse and neglect of consumers, and supporting consumers to live the best life they can, and
- Where clinical care is provided, a clinical governance framework should be in place, that includes: antimicrobial stewardship, minimising the use of restraint, and open disclosure.
You are required to get 80% in each module and the final quiz to pass. Once you have achieved this you are able to download your certificate.
Courses do not always work on iPads, phones and other devices. If you have difficulties, please do the course on a desktop computer.
SEE THE OTHER COURSES IN THE FULL SERIES
Aged Care Quality Standards Introduction
Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice
Aged Care Quality Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care
Aged Care Quality Standard 4: Services and support for daily living
Aged Care Quality Standard 5: Organisation’s service environment
Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human resources
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational governance
If you would like detailed training in any of the standards then we recommend that you subscribe to get all courses or you can purchase individually or by asking us for a quote. They are $66 each or $177 for the entire library.
For full information on all the ACQS courses available view here.