Aged Care Quality Standard 4: Services and Supports for Daily Living Training
Standard 4: Services and Supports for Daily Living focusses on how providing services and supports for daily living improves the lives of consumers living in residential services and is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners what Standard 4 means for consumers: They get the services and supports for their daily living that is important for their health and well-being, and that enables them to do the things they want to do. This support can come in a variety of ways, from helping consumers with cooking and cleaning or helping them take part in social activities.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers. Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course focusses on the following learning outcomes:
- Each consumer gets safe and effective services and supports for daily living
- Services and supports for daily living promote emotional, spiritual and psychological well being
- Services and supports for daily living assist each consumer to participate in their community both in and out of the service environment; have social and personal relationships; and do the things that interest them
- Information about the consumer’s condition, needs and preferences is communicated within the organisation and others where responsibility is shared
- Referrals are timely and appropriate
- Where meals are provided, they are varied and of suitable quality and quantity, and
- Where equipment is provided, it is safe, suitable, clean and well maintained.
You are required to get 80% in each module and the final quiz to pass. Once you have achieved this you are able to download your certificate.
Courses do not always work on iPads, phones and other devices. If you have difficulties, please do the course on a desktop computer.
SEE THE OTHER COURSES IN THE FULL SERIES
Aged Care Quality Standards Introduction
Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice
Aged Care Quality Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care
Aged Care Quality Standard 4: Services and support for daily living
Aged Care Quality Standard 5: Organisation’s service environment
Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human resources
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational governance
If you would like detailed training in any of the standards then we recommend that you subscribe to get all courses or you can purchase individually or by asking us for a quote. They are $66 each or $177 for the entire library.
For full information on all the ACQS courses available view here.