Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal Care and Clinical Care
Standard 3: Personal Care and Clinical Care focusses on the expectations that the community and consumers have regarding the safe, effective and quality delivery of personal and clinical care and is aimed at leaders, managers and other staff members responsible for the delivery of care and services to consumers receiving residential aged care and home care services.
The goal of this course is to teach learners the importance of what Standard 3 means for consumers: That they get personal care, clinical care, or both, that is safe and right for them as an individual.
Government funded aged care providers are expected to comply with each of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The standards reflect the level of care and services the community expects from aged care providers.
Aged care consumers are, above all, individuals in every sense of the word who have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of the requirements of Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care.
This course focuses on the following learning outcomes:
- Each consumer gets safe and effective personal care, clinical care (or both) that is best practice, tailored to their needs and optimises their health and well-being
- Effective management of high impact or high prevalence risks - The needs, goals and preferences of consumers nearing the end of life are recognised and addressed
- Deterioration or change in a consumer’s mental health or cognitive or physical function is recognised and responded to Information about conditions, needs and preferences is documented and communicated
- Referrals are appropriate and timely, and
- Infection related risks are minimised by implementing standard and transmission-based precautions to prevent and promoting appropriate antibiotic prescription and use.
You are required to get 80% in each module and the final quiz to pass. Once you have achieved this you are able to download your certificate.
Courses do not always work on iPads, phones and other devices. If you have difficulties, please do the course on a desktop computer.
SEE THE OTHER COURSES IN THE FULL SERIES
Aged Care Quality Standards Introduction
Aged Care Quality Standard 1: Consumer dignity and choice
Aged Care Quality Standard 2: Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
Aged Care Quality Standard 3: Personal care and clinical care
Aged Care Quality Standard 4: Services and support for daily living
Aged Care Quality Standard 5: Organisation’s service environment
Aged Care Quality Standard 6: Feedback and complaints
Aged Care Quality Standard 7: Human resources
Aged Care Quality Standard 8: Organisational governance
If you would like detailed training in any of the standards then we recommend that you subscribe to get all courses or you can purchase individually or by asking us for a quote. They are $66 each or $177 for the entire library.
For full information on all the ACQS courses available view here.