Have you previously completed a nationally recognised unit of competency for Confined Space or Working at Heights? Specifically do you have a Statement of Attainment and have previously completed the training face to face?
Many workplaces require you to re-do your confined space ticket, working at heights for refresher purposes, every couple of years. If this is you and your workplace needs you to do a refresher, then read on!
Our confined space and heights courses are completed online and covers everything bar the practical aspects. These aspects are covered when you do the initial Nationally Recognised training course face to face.
Confined Space course refresher will provide you with information about:
- the legal requirement for confined space entry
- what confined spaces are and why people enter them
- entry permits
- hazards associated with confined space entry
- methods of controlling confined space hazards
- emergency response procedures, and
- the different types of personal protective equipment that can be used when working in confined spaces
This training addresses the theoretical component of confined space entry. It does not give you the practical skills required to enter a confined safely and as such is only applicable for refresher training not initial entry training.
Working at Heights we will refresh on stuff like:
- Identifying the work requirements, procedures and instructions for the task
- Accessing and installing equipment.
- Performing work at heights
- Cleaning up the work area.
- the work health and safety laws
- fall arrest,
- what situations present a risk of falls
- codes of practice This makes it ideal way to manage the risk whilst being able to complete refresher training quickly
As you probably know, Working at heights includes any situation where a worker, or other nearby person, is exposed to a risk of falling (from one level to another) that is likely to cause injury to the worker or person.