National Information Privacy Awareness Training - 100 min
Welcome to the National Information Privacy Awareness course. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of the right to privacy in Australia and how it is protected in the workplace.
After completing this course, you will have an understanding of:
- what privacy is
- how the Privacy Act helps maintain privacy
- exemptions to the Privacy Act
- the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- privacy-related procedures and responsibilities in the workplace, and
- handling complaints related to privacy.
This course has been independently reviewed by Baker & McKenzie Lawyers.
The information contained in this material should not be considered legal or other professional advice. If you need specific advice about your particular situation, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.