Manual Handling Worker Induction Training
Welcome to the Manual Handling Induction Training Course. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of the controls that should be applied to manual handling in the workplace.
This course will provide you with information about:
- what manual handling is
- hazardous activities, and
- controls that should be applied to reduce the risk associated with manual handling.
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
It has been designed to comply with best practice national health and safety standards. Terminology has been chosen for clarity and ease of comprehension across jurisdictions. For example, ‘employer’ has been used to signify the broader term ‘PCBU’, while ‘WHS’ represents both work and occupational health and safety.
This training is not a substitute for professional legal advice. If you require further advice or information, please contact the health and safety regulator in your jurisdiction.
What is manual handling?
Manual handling means any activity requiring the use of force or exertion by a person to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or restrain any animate or inanimate object.
Exposure to manual handling
You may be exposed to manual handling risks when:
- performing repetitive or sustained movement, for example using a paint brush or nail gun
- handling an unstable load, for example a ladder
- carrying bulky or heavy items or experiencing sustained awkward postures for prolonged periods of time, for example working in confined spaces
- being exposed to sustained vibration, for example using hand tools or driving vehicles, and
- squatting or kneeling.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
Run time about 30 minutes.
Nice easy and straight forward
All good, everything was fine got the qualifications i need for my workplace and competed the courses easily!
i did the manual handling training for warehouse workers and the induction training, both courses were really good courses and really educational