Queensland Building Plan providing a blueprint for industry confidence

by Kylie Field

Nov 08, 2017

The Queensland’s government has injected $45 billion into the building and construction sector with the Government releasing the new Queensland Building Plan (QBP).

According to Minister for Housing and Public Works Mick de Brenni the QBP is a blueprint for ongoing confidence and growth for the industry.

“The Queensland Building Plan is the result of almost two years of consultation with industry and the community,” de Brenni said.

“We’ve already progressed many of the significant reforms proposed in the QBP, which includes important areas of reform such as Queensland’s nation leading work to deal with non-conforming building products like dangerous cladding.”

“The reforms that will help subcontractors get paid in full, on time and every time were passed through the Parliament earlier this week, and we are also undertaking significant reforms to streamline and modernise the licencing system to keep Queenslanders safe,” de Brenni said.

“We will be progressing reforms to improve access to adult change facilities in public buildings, supporting greater dignity for people with a disability and their carers. This is a comprehensive plan to secure the future of the sector.”

 

Image sourced from Flickr cc: Michael Coghlan


← Older Post Newer Post →


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.