Confined Space Course Online (Video Awareness Training) - 20 min
Working in a confined space may present a major health and safety risk for those employees having to go in to them. Many accidents occur because the hazards of working in a confined space are either not identified or are under-estimated.
Tragically, many confined space accidents result in more than one fatality when attempted rescues of colleagues trapped in the confined space are unplanned and rescuers unprepared.
This confined space safety training online couse features:
- What is a confined space?
- Hazards associated with working in confined spaces.
- Carrying out a detailed risk assessment of the work to be undertaken.
- Some general guidelines for safe confined space work.
What are confined spaces?
Confined spaces are defined as enclosed or partially enclosed spaces not intended or designed primarily for human occupancy. These spaces have a risk of:
- an oxygen concentration outside the safe oxygen range
- a concentration of airborne contaminant that may cause impairment, loss of consciousness or asphyxiation
- a concentration of flammable airborne contaminant that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- engulfment in a stored free-flowing solid or a rising level of liquid that may cause suffocation or drowning.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.