Competition and Consumer Law - Dealing with Consumers (Awareness Training) - 65 min
Welcome to the Dealing with Consumers Part 1 course. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and how it provides consumer protection.
The Dealing with Consumers Part 1 course is part of the Competition and Consumer Law suite of courses, which also includes:
- Competition and Consumer Law: An Introduction
- Competition and Consumer Law: Dealing with Consumers Part 2, and
- Competition and Consumer Law: Dealing with Other Businesses.
After completing this course, you will have an understanding of:
- consumer protection in the Australian Consumer Law (ACL)
- prohibited, misleading and deceptive conduct in section 18 of the ACL
- remedies for a breach of section 18
- false or misleading representations
- false or misleading statements, and
- remedies for breaches of the ACL.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.