Bowel Management (Awareness Training) - 85 min
Welcome to the Bowel Management course. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of faecal incontinence and how to manage it.
After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- the basic anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract
- the different types and various causes of faecal incontinence
- how to manage faecal incontinence
- what someone with faecal incontinence may go through, and
- how to provide better care for someone affected by faecal incontinence.
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
The information contained in this material should not be considered legal or other professional advice. If you need specific advice about your particular situation, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional.
Following successful completion of this course, it is expected that you will then undergo a face-to-face clinical assessment by an approved assessor. Health care workers are expected to undertake this combined theoretical and clinical BLS assessment process annually.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.