WP Operate a boom-type elevating work platform (>11m) Training Online (VOC Refresher TLILIC0005)
Welcome to the Book-type Elevated Work Platform Verification of Competency Refresher Training. There are a large number of risks and dangers for anybody working at heights using elevated work platforms. This course has been designed to give you an understanding of these risks and the system in place to help keep you safe.
This course is designed for those who are required to work at heights as part of their role. The aim of the course is to give you a safe working philosophy for when you need to perform work at heights.
Features of this refresher training include:
- Download a VOC Certificate of Completion on successful completion
- A Digital Wallet ID VOC Card is also issued on successful completion
- Verification of competency by our RTO partner, AlertForce RTO Code 91826.
This training addresses the theoretical component of elevated work. This training does not give you the practical skills required to perform work at heights. To achieve accreditation, you should complete an in-person training session with a trainer accredited to deliver work at heights training.
If you perform work at heights before completing your in-person training you could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you.
This course delivers the theoretical component of TLILIC2005 - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) and will provide you with information about the following topics:
- Planning Work
- Conducting Routine Checks
- Setting Up Elevating Work Platforms
- Operating An Elevating Work Platform
- Shut Down and Secure An Elevating Work Platform
THIS IS NOT A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COURSE. IT IS ONLY TO BE USED FOR REFRESHER / VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY PURPOSES IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ACHIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT in TLILIC2005 or have a copy of a valid current WP licence
WHAT IS COVERED DURING THE COURSE?
- Potential hazards are identified
- Hazard Control Measures are identified consistent with appropriate standards to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment
- Elevating work platform is appropriate for the task (Vertical Type, Scissor Type, Boom Type)
- Appropriate Communications methods are identified and communications equipment is checked for serviceability
- Service logbook for elevating work platform is checked for compliance & Elevating work platform is visually checked for damage or defects in accordance with procedures & Routine pre-operational checks are carried out in accordance with procedures
- Safety equipment is inspected in accordance with procedures & All safety devices are identified and tested in accordance with procedures
- Elevating work platform is accessed in a safe manner & Safety equipment is fitted and secured to elevating work platform in accordance with procedures
- All controls are located and identified
- Elevating work platform is started in accordance with procedures & Post-start operational checks are carried out in accordance with procedures
- All damage and defects are reported and recorded in accordance with procedures, and appropriate action is taken
- Ground suitability is inspected and checked
- Elevating work platform is driven to or located at work area in accordance with procedures & Elevating work platform is positioned for work application and stability in accordance with procedures
- Appropriate hazard prevention/control measures are applied to work area in accordance with procedures
- Work gear and tools are stowed and secured
- Elevating work platform is operated using all relevant plant movements in accordance with procedures and appropriate standards & Elevating work platform is mobilised using best mobile practice and appropriate procedures
- Elevated working platform operations are monitored constantly, to ensure safety of personnel and stability
- Unplanned and/or unsafe situations are responded to in accordance with procedures
- Elevating work platform is lowered and stowed in accordance with procedures & Relevant motion locks, and brakes are applied as required & Elevating work platform is shut down in accordance with procedures
- Safety equipment is disconnected from platform & Egress from elevated work platform is conducted in accordance with procedures
Activities and quizzes are part of your knowledge assessment. They must be successfully completed to complete the course. You must also upload video evidence of performing of relevant tasks required.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 1-2 years to stay refreshed depending on the requirement from the owner of your business (PCBU)/
1. You must upload 100 points of ID
2. You must upload a previously issued with a Statement of Attainment (or wallet card) by an RTO less than 5 years ago or be able to present a CV that demonstrates industry currency.
NOTE: this training is suitable as refresher if you have previously obtained a Unit of Competency in any of these qualifications:
- TLILIC0005 - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- TLILIC2005 - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more
- TLILIC2005A - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more
- TLILIC508A - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 meters or more)
You need to previously have held the TLILIC0005 (or equivalent) Statement of Attainment. That statement along with this Refresher Training serves as your refresher evidence. And of course a valid WP High Risk Work Licence.