Confined Space Course Online (Awareness Training) - 30 min
Welcome to the Confined Spaces Hazard Guide Awareness Training. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of the controls that should be applied to confined spaces in the workplace.
This course will provide you with information about:
- confined spaces and work that may expose you to confined spaces, and
- controls that should be applied to reduce the risk associated with working in confined spaces.
This course has been reviewed by a recognised subject matter expert.
It has been designed to comply with best practice national health and safety standards. Terminology has been chosen for clarity and ease of comprehension across jurisdictions. For example, ‘employer’ has been used to signify the broader term ‘PCBU’, while ‘WHS’ represents both work and occupational health and safety.
This training is not a substitute for professional legal advice. If you require further advice or information, please contact the health and safety regulator in your jurisdiction.
What are confined spaces?
Confined spaces are defined as enclosed or partially enclosed spaces not intended or designed primarily for human occupancy. These spaces have a risk of:
- an oxygen concentration outside the safe oxygen range
- a concentration of airborne contaminant that may cause impairment, loss of consciousness or asphyxiation
- a concentration of flammable airborne contaminant that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- engulfment in a stored free-flowing solid or a rising level of liquid that may cause suffocation or drowning.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.