Working at Heights Course Online (Refresher Training: RIIWHS204D)
Welcome to the Work Safely at heights Refresher Training. There are a large number of risks and dangers for anybody working at heights. This course has been designed to give you an understanding of these risks and the system in place to help keep you safe.
This course is designed for those who are required to work at heights as part of their role. The aim of the course is to give you a safe working philosophy for when you need to perform work at heights,
This training addresses the theoretical component of working at heights. This training does not give you the practical skills required to perform work at heights. To achieve accreditation, you should complete an in-person training session with a trainer accredited to deliver work at heights training.
If you perform work at heights before completing your in-person training you could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you.
This course delivers the theoretical component of RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights and will provide you with information about:
- the legal requirements for working safely at heights and where you can find out more about them
- how to select, use and maintain fall protective and rescue equipment
- the process and procedures to follow to ensure you minimise risk, and
- how to plan for emergency situations
What is covered during the course?
- the principles to bear in mind when working at heights
- safety procedures for work at heights
- risk assessment procedures
- fall protection equipment
- working at heights equipment, and
- emergency response
The equipment and tools we'll be discussing will include:
- anchor points
- lanyards and connecting equipment
- fall arrest devices
- fall protection
- elevating work platforms (EWPs)
- edge protections systems, and
- general equipment maintenance.
Activities and quizzes appear throughout the course and are part of your assessment. They must be successfully completed to complete the course.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.
You need to previously have held the RIIWHS204D Statement of Attainment. That statement along with this Refresher Training serves as your refresher evidence.